Thursday, March 15, 2007

I hate Jayan



When I was a kid, I was a Jayan hater.


I liked Soman (Main reason - I have seen only Jayan in photos)


The only movies I could watch in Cinema Theaters are


(1) Ezham Kadalinakkare - 1979 (Beyond the 7th Sea)

(2) My Dear Kuttichathan - 1984 (My Dear Devil-let)

(3) Nakha Kshathangal - 1986 (Nail Wounds)


I didn't mean those are the only movies I watched till I come out of my school. My schooling was in the God's Own Kuttanad, the land surrounded by backwaters. And the only cinema theater is 5Kms away and there is no motorable road to reach there. The only way we could experience movies is when a Cinema "Operator" (ref: Madhavan in "Kazhcha") is kind enough to run a film show in our school.


I had seen "Ummachu - 1971", "Jeevitham Oru Gaanam - 1979", "Misiha Charithram - 1978", and I dont remember the rest of the movies. Now you can understand, why M.G. Soman was my child-hood hero. He was the hero in "Ezham Kadalinakkare". The motivating factor of Ezhamkadalinakkare (despite the 5 Kms + 5Kms walk to the theater - Champakkulam Chitra) was the movie was shot in "AMERICA" the wonderful dream land. So that was my only chance to see America.


I was surrendered to M.G. Soman with the fight seens.


Why I hate Jayan?


Simple.... He is Jayan. I havent seen any of his movies (I could see a Jayan movie only after a TV came to my home - around 1990. Doordarshan used to show old movies every saturday or sunday; I forgot). But I hear - he is a very brave and daring man. He don't need any dupes while shooting movies. No one can beat him in fights. So I simply hated him. I embraced M G Soman in my heart.

1 comment:

Anoop G said...

but i had a big photo of jayan in my bedroom when he died in plane crash..

i adored him..

i was very sad when i see in films .., jayan getting beatings from nazeer, and being secondary to nazeer etc

i wanted jayan to win always..

now if jayan was there , he would have been a good actor..

a great villain, atleast