Friday, March 23, 2007

I turn into a Lalettan Fan

The liking towards Lalettan gradually grew up into something like admiration and I became a fan of Lalettan. The following are the movies that inspired me.

Action/Thriller movies
Rajavinte Makan (1986), Irupatham Nootandu(1987), Aryan(1988), Devasuram(1993), Sphadikam (1995), Kanmadam (1998) (I am not sure, if Kanmadam and Devasuram are character roles or action roles)

Comedy Movies
Nadodikattu(1987), Kilukkam(1991), Chithram(1988) (Interestingly, many Lal fans view Kilukkam and Chitram as "serious" or character movie/role)

Character Roles
Panchagni(1986), Amritham Gamaya(1987), Kireedom(1989), Sadayam(1992), Kamaladalam(1992).

Art Movies
Paadamudra(1988)

I think "Rajavinte Makan" was a turning point for Lalettan. It made him an action hero from a "innocent-vulnerable" look.

The character roles had a great impact. His expressions were un-matched. You could find thousands of meanings to his expressions. He never cries loud in movies. His eyes fill with tear and a very natural grief comes to his face. Such an effortless reproduction. I felt like, he simply lives as the character.

1 comment: